Help

Answers for commonly asked questions.

Rules

Generic and game specific rules.

Hlstats

Players Gameplay statistics

It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Has TTT Died? 

Fresh Fish
6 Posts
Post Re: Has TTT Died?
Mc Amnesia wrote:
The playerbase does play in a part in how the community acts around it, there has been times where i didnt want to go onto the server because how the player base was. I didnt want to have to deal with the people on there because as soon as i stop their "fun" which was mostly rdming or trying to get each other karma banned, they would start to leave the server. We also went more relax on how we handled the karma system and rdm, which led to more people rdming eachother.

Playerbase refers, in that context, to the wider TTT playerbase as a whole, not just to our group of regulars. Also, the playerbase is severely disaffected when it comes to our server, and it really shows that (aside from a group of regulars that just barely fills 1 server) anyone we invite will say something along the lines of, "No thanks, rather not play on CvG."

And if I'm correct, we started relaxing on the karma system when CvG TTT began hemorrhaging players. That's at least how I perceived it.

Mc Amnesia wrote:
Also with the whole punishment thing its hard to find a good middle, especially with a game like TTT because its mostly situational, and unfortunately you cant make everyone happy with every decision. We also dont throw out perma bans like they are candy, most of the people that have been perma banned usually have plenty of warnings before it happens.

We can't just give up when it comes to our jurisprudence. Other servers manage exceptionally well, we're just nowhere near as effective as they are. We must establish a solid punishment tier system, and request that admins adhere to it 100% of the time. The tier system itself can be lenient, but the admins just follow it no matter what. We also need to put a stop to personal bans/unbans. Admins shouldn't have that type of control, and it really sours the mood/morale of the players.

Also, quite frankly, if you are unable to do your duties as an admin on the TTT servers, then you might want to consider relinquishing command. I understand where you are coming from, because we haven't had a well-functioning system in the past, and it has lead to things getting out of hand, but if we were to establish a functional system, it'd be important to maintain the perspective of, "A server needs active and decisive admins to function. If we aren't around or we don't punish when necessary, then it only exacerbates the problem."

I don't want to be accused of treason here, but this is a perfect example of a nuanced system of rules and punishments.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:43 pm

Community Member
435 Posts
minecraft avatar coolitic
Community Member
Actually I think we've become a bit too lenient as far as RDMs are concerned. Is the lowered karma ban level still in effect?

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:19 am

Community Leader
1251 Posts
minecraft avatar popp199
Community Leader
Nah, Coolitic. You get banned if you accidentally shoot 1 person almost.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:10 pm

Community Owner
2092 Posts
Community Owner
DrugButts wrote:
Nah, Coolitic. You get banned if you accidentally shoot 1 person almost.

No, this was changed a few months ago, I wrote about it in Discord somewhere

Anyways, we can blame a lot of things but now the fact is we've been on the decline ever since ~2013 or 2014 when Garry changed the server browser so that popular servers are more likely to appear in the list(only a certain number of servers are loaded at a time), and those popular servers are sorted higher.

So, after we had to move TTT to a different server because of DDOS and a bogus bill from a datacenter that has since been sued into bankruptcy for doing similar shenanigans to other people. We never fully rebuilt after that and it's inherently flawed that the only way to get more players is to have more people playing, it shits on smaller servers basically.

That and for all of the semantics being discussed I've been asking for 7 years what you guys want to see the server, what maps, what addons, etc. and it's not until 7 years later that you guys find your voices to discuss the sociology of the community and the "cool things" that we don't have while still mostly providing no real examples or solutions. (Pointshop still isn't happening).

What's odd to me is even still I've been telling you guys this same stuff for 7 years now, even with other things I really depend on the women in the community because they're not scared to talk to me or whatever it is that holds you guys back from telling me servers are broken, what bugs are there, even things I just forget about. I mean shit it's 100% of why I put up with Laura as long as I did, she had no problem telling me in detail why she didn't like something, when someone was being a problem, etc.

This thread has seriously derailed into the inner meta of the community though, and really it isn't helping to have the top thread in this forum be "is the server dead?"

TL;DR: #MakeTTTDizlaAgain
or BlueMelon if he drinks less

Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:02 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3