Players Gameplay statistics

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Horror in Terror Town 

Fresh Fish
12 Posts
Post Horror in Terror Town
So I was thinking: What if you guys made a spin-off version of Trouble in Terrorist Town, based more in semi-humorous, yet heart pumping, horror?

The Traitors, instead of getting what they usually get, instead get acess to abilities like coming back from the dead once while sacrificing any chance of blending back into the game(due to a zombie appearence), the ability to climb surfaces, create minions/zombies from the corpses of the fallen, teleport, flying with wings, jihad bomb replaced with a sacrificial ceremony, etcetera.
*yes, some of these are already done essentially in the regular TTT, but I'm saying do them with a fresh monster twist, and add on as it goes

The Detectives can be the Van Hellsings of the game, given silver bullets instead of golden guns, special salts or garlic to prevent the dead from rising again, etc.

Reg innocents would just be as they are most likely, and spectators could maybe have the ability(if whitelisted, like with the item possesion) to possess bodies and attack everyone*.
*Likely a bad idea even for the mature bunch, but the short run laughs would be well worth it

Just throw in thoughts and such, would actually enjoy if I made an influence on things.
----
Edit: With playing Zombie Survival for the first time on gmod, I've come to realise that there are other options for powers. The traitor could have the option of turning into a bird, which would allow them(for open maps) to get from one place to another easily, while still being vulnerable. The decision of if this would be a constant power(switching back and forth from bird to man), or would be a limited use power(use it, get away from somewhere or get to somewhere, change back) is up to the controllers of the game.

Last edited by AmbiguousRes on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Deathrow
521 Posts
fursona: wiggle wiggle
Post Re: Horror in Terror Town
Maybe if we just had DARKER MAPS. >:C

Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Fresh Fish
12 Posts
Plenty of dark maps, don't even need the dark you just need lack of sight. The Silent Hill map is a perfect example of this, along with the haunted house type maps.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Deathrow
371 Posts
I don't support the spectator "ghost" attacks but wouldn't it a bit hard to develop a new gamemode?

Also, what would you use as weapons? Guns won't fit the theme of the horror thing
What about Melee weapons?

If you was to used guns and such, the rising dead thing would be incredibly OP(Unless zombies).

Also, the teleporter could just stay if you want a teleport abillty and wings is a no-no, especially with exploitable areas etc.

Sure it can be nerfed with a channel time and slow speed(You could just walk) but if you do get the chance to finish the channel, you can get away before they can shoot you and the bullet isn't that accurate.

With this being said, T or D items that are guns with special uses would be fine.
(Like sliver bullets, if you brought it and when a dead T comes back to life, you can like 1 shot kill the zombie or maybe werewolf.)

Last edited by Frosted36 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:19 pm

Fresh Fish
12 Posts
Well I myself wouldn't be the one making it(I've not been trained or learned in such things), I'm just proposing ideas. As for difficulty, TTT itself is a mod isn't it? So tweak the mod, and you have a new one. Plus what I'm proposing would be just like regular TTT just with new resources and abilites.
*As a note, I've never done much of Forum stuff, so I could go a day or more before coming back to what I'm doing here
----
Edit: back at the ghost thing, that was as I said a bad idea in the long run, I'm saying maybe test it out and see if it can succeed if the right people are allowed to use it(the ones given permission). Though making it so only the "special" people can use it would make a gap between players in a way, so leaving it out may be best, keep everyone on the same level.

Last edited by AmbiguousRes on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Deathrow
371 Posts
AmbiguousRes wrote:
Well I myself wouldn't be the one making it(I've not been trained or learned in such things), I'm just proposing ideas. As for difficulty, TTT itself is a mod isn't it? So tweak the mod, and you have a new one. Plus what I'm proposing would be just like regular TTT just with new resources and abilites.
*As a note, I've never done much of Forum stuff, so I could go a day or more before coming back to what I'm doing here

I made a edit on my last posts, so check that out for more feedback.

Just "tweaking" the mod isn't always gonna make it perfect and such. It could disrupt the whole balance of TTT and such. I'm also guessing that adding new resources and abilities would require new animations and such that isn't in gmod and such

Someone may tell you about the LUA and coding done in the mod.(Ex:Crazy Asssasin)

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Life Without Parole
165 Posts
minecraft avatar Vulpes_Fatalis
Frosted36 wrote:
AmbiguousRes wrote:

I made a edit on my last posts, so check that out for more feedback.

Just "tweaking" the mod isn't always gonna make it perfect and such. It could disrupt the whole balance of TTT and such. I'm also guessing that adding new resources and abilities would require new animations and such that isn't in gmod and such

Someone may tell you about the LUA and coding done in the mod.(Ex:Crazy Asssasin)

Not picking on you, but that's a lot of "such"

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Deathrow
1249 Posts
minecraft avatar shane091898
This sounds good, but risen undead cannot use weapons of any sort, and just beat the people to death with their dam bear hands!

And maybe if a spectators corpse has risen, they cannot speak all talk (to prevent the "don't shoot me!") and would kill others.

Sounds good, the 'necromaster' (Traitor) would use his powers to kill all the innocents.
He can't fire guns (so innocents can test with that) but he can hold them to prove himself

Their are no DNA scanners, so its gonna be harder for Van Hellsing (Detective) to discover the T, but he makes up for phenomenal gear/weaponry.

Innocents stick together, and try to watch out for corpses (gonna have to discard them or put them to a unreachable spot to prevent zombie players) while that would make Necromaster's job harder, he can still summon zombie AI.....

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Fresh Fish
12 Posts
At your previous statement Frosted, around the ghost statement and difficulty statement and the edits to that:
Guns plenty fit the theme of horror, this wouldn't be something overly serious, it would just be an alternative to playing regular TTT. Melee weps would have a certain feel to it, expecially for true innocents, that would most certainly fit. The guns wouldn't make rising dead op because
1. It would only be possible(as mentioned) to use once
2. It would then make the user an obvious Traitor/Monster
3. The Detectives could poor salts or alternative on the body before they rise, which would stop them
4. You would have to purchase the ability before dying, and it would cost maybe 2 credits or more, depending on how price would effect gameplay.

Teleport could be reskinned in some way to make it unique for this monsterized varient of TTT, and wings wouldn't necessarily be bad, plus they would make Monsters/Traitors blatent targets if seen.

Now that last line does make me think: If Golden Guns were kept in this mode(I'll reference it as HTT, Horror in Terror Town) instead of being reskinned as silver guns, that could work. Having to use a whole new item to one shot a re-risen enemy while still using a GG on them when they are living sounds quite interesting

At the second part, the "Just tweaking the mod..."
This isn't to mess with the main TTT, this would be(if done) an alternate mode, something new. It would technically be a reskin of TTT, dubbed HTT(or whichever), and new things that would fit in this alternate mod thrown in.
Now the new animations and such, that 'would' be a challenge if there aren't things already to work with, I will give you that.

-----
Now, so I don't have to waste a good typing, this second bit will be directed at Garrus

That made me lol a bit at that first line, but in seriousness if they could only fight with bare hands, they'd need some sort of boost I think, be it in hp or senses or something similar.
Now the whole "These guys can't fire guns" thing has me pondering, cause I can see where you guys are coming from. If they can fire guns, everything will just be a redo of TTT with monsters. If they can't, this will be something very different. The Monsters/Necromancers/Traitors would have to be more powerful than there TTT Traitor alternatives, on account of lack of guns.
DNA scanners could be replaced by Dowsing Rods or something like that, but if they were completely thrown out the boost in resources wouldn't(at first glance) be a bad idea.
Exactly, they can summon zombies still, but also remember that the Detectives would have an item that prevents a body from coming back.
Now the necromaster bit made me think "Flare gun replaced by Fire from the fingers". Just snap fingers at a body, and it starts to burn. This would hinder other Monsters if they chose to use zombies however.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Fresh Fish
12 Posts
Now something just struck me:
The Monsters would have a lot of options to work with, making each generally unique. So why not the Detectives?
The Detectives could have options like:
A templar sort of set up, wielding a large claymore
A Lincoln set up, with throwable axe(lol)
Etcetera

And the innocents, all of them(maybe including the monsters) could have access to torches and pitchforks. The torches could light certain things on fire possibly(or not, and just be for light, melee, and throwing), and the pitchfork would obviously be good for defense in tight spaces.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next