It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Remove !lr 

Deathrow
290 Posts
minecraft avatar kulawend
Post Remove !lr
Please remove the !lr plugin and let people give their last request manually as the !lr system is abused constantly. When there's 3 people in a game the Ts can LR before the cells even open.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Community Member
1453 Posts
minecraft avatar silentc702
Community Member
Post Re: Remove !lr
Update:

Turned Off Last Request = !lr

Also the mutting problem we had is fixed.

Add Both

To Add Me Click ----> ¤CvG¤™ Silentgamer

Go Big Or Go Home ! !

Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Inmate
83 Posts
I really hope this will be turned on after the server is more populated. Yes, I'm sure it's annoying with only 3 people in the server, but it adds extra Last Requests that you just couldn't normally do otherwise. :) <3

Holly
wood
Undead
As Fuck

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Deathrow
290 Posts
Nate[UndeadArmy] wrote:
I really hope this will be turned on after the server is more populated. Yes, I'm sure it's annoying with only 3 people in the server, but it adds extra Last Requests that you just couldn't normally do otherwise. :) <3

I've spent a great deal of time playing on servers that do not have this enabled and everyone does requests manually. It's a lot of fun because it allows players to get creative with their last request instead of picking from a menu. Furthermore I've seen the !lr system abused in multiple ways like choosing dodge ball when you're right next to a CT and killing him immediately or starting a last request before the cells even open. The small number of last requests you can't perform otherwise are trumped by the large number of last requests players may think up on a server where !lr doesn't exist.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Deathrow
1270 Posts
It's worth giving a try on having !lr off and experimenting it but people with lack of experience in jailbreak dont know the games you play when ur left alone with a ct.

As for the dodgeball incidents etc. we can make rules about them and we have admins.

Also last request offers a wider range of options that even a regular jailbreaker might not know.

Best thing to do would be to make it manual e.g. person must type !lr rather than have it automatic.

What do you guys think?

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Deathrow
290 Posts
This is the kind of server that evolves over time. For example, people find clever ways to gain an unfair advantage and it's up to us to create new rules to prevent that. However we can accelerate this process by learning from other servers. I have played hundreds of hours of jailbreak on multiple servers and I know how they work and since the !lr plugin has been disabled I have had a much better playing experience on the server. Although a new player often doesn't know how to properly give an LR they learn quickly and can do it properly next time.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Deathrow
1270 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean but Im just saying that if the people on the server dont know good jailbreak, then it might be a problem. For example today I played a bit and the only lr about 6-7 players knew was the shot4shot :/ Also, newbies learn new lastrequests by using this plugin. Today we had 1 t who didnt know much about jailbreak and the same for another ct and they were both the final survivors and they literally spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what to do now that they were the 2 left standing.. Also people who only know 1-2 lrs use them all the time, and newbies watching them only learn those 1-2 lrs and therefore also only use them.. the ending of the round can become monotonous and boring.

As long as it's manual and not automatic which gets annoying the !lr is good. The experienced dont have to use it, and the newbies if they want can use it to make both their life, and the people's watching easier. And if no one wants to use it then it's still fine, it would be like if it's not even there, because it will only be activated manually.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Deathrow
290 Posts
When I played while the !lr menu was active the game was chaos, it's been much nicer without it. The main problem here is we don't have enough community members or regulars who know how to LR properly and set an example and the only way to fix that problem is to have players on the server.

If there's no players on the server then it really doesn't matter how people LR does it?

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:42 pm

Inmate
83 Posts
Like you said earlier Kula, it's a game mode where it evolves. Hell, when I first played it, it was called "Hosties". Now it's jailbreak. I really hope our server is like the name. Evolves and changes to suit our needs/wants/ideas over time. Just makes it even more fun!

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Deathrow
290 Posts
Nate[UndeadArmy] wrote:
Like you said earlier Kula, it's a game mode where it evolves. Hell, when I first played it, it was called "Hosties". Now it's jailbreak. I really hope our server is like the name. Evolves and changes to suit our needs/wants/ideas over time. Just makes it even more fun!

Hosties is the name of the plugin that handles jailbreak related stuffs.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next