Players Gameplay statistics

It is currently Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 omg trains are pissing me off 

Deathrow
1344 Posts
Post omg trains are pissing me off
ok ive been getting some help from spongebob inorder to fix this...

long story short, im trying to fix the mariokart map on server 2 so that its unglitchable and make some other small changes/bug fixes.

I've corrected the things that needed correcting, however ive run into a problem. All the vehicles are broken.

I've done everything spongebob has told me to do, which is basically the same thing as this tut:
http://www.gamebanana.com/tuts/161
but its still not working.

I donno wtf is going on and its making me hulk out and wanna smash my PC. Any suggestions/ideas?

CvG member rules

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:43 pm

Community Leader
460 Posts

3h
Community Leader
Post Re: omg trains are pissing me off
Ya I'm sorry I was unable to help you with this. If you still haven't fixed it maybe upload the vmf and link it here so I can DL it and see whats wrong. Could be something simple that maybe you missed. If at all possible, can you upload both fresh decompiled version and version you tweaked. Just so I can be 100% sure the prob is due to the decompile and not something you deleted by mistake. :)

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Deathrow
1344 Posts
well, yesterday i made a crap map with nothing but player spawns and a lil train i made myself from scratch. Its not working in that map either. I think valve broke something.

My theory is that the compile process has been borked so the func_traincontrols doesn't work anymore. This would explain why in the existing mariokart map on server 2, why the cars still work and on these maps im using locally don't work.

It's either that or func_traincontrols is not the trigger we need to be using for trains in TF2

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:05 pm

Community Leader
460 Posts

3h
Community Leader
Well I built 1 in the form of a land speeder thingy from star wars. Mine works fine in zps. I don't know if it works in tf2 though. When in the trigger brush you have to press your "use" key. After that you press forward on your movement keys 3 times to move at max speed. You can also move backwards buy pressing back on movement keys. I think I might add my little speeder to my next map. It's kinda fun. :D

Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Deathrow
1344 Posts
ya i donno, i did pretty much the same thing for a tf2 map and it doesn't work at all.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Life Without Parole
135 Posts
may I take a look at the hammer files see if I can work out what the problem is as I been doing a lot with trains/ track movements lately

check out any demo files I may post here

Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]